Wednesday, August 12, 2009

XLVII.

I've been away for the past week in Alabama and Florida visiting friends from Sweet Briar. I had an amazing time and I hope I'll be welcomed back again in the future. I spent my time in Alabama socializing with good company, and my time in Florida enjoying gorgeous art and spaces. The trip was everything I needed to finish out the rest of this summer. I can't wait to begin classes in two weeks: Early 20th-Century Art, Survey Art History I, Architectural Studies, Ceramic Hand Building, and Classical Mythology.

A few highlights from my travels:

Huntsville, Alabama - Monte Sano


One of the most peaceful backyards I've ever seen.

Jacksonville, Florida



Andy Schuessler at the JMOCA

Takashi Soga outside the Cummer Museum

Gardens at the Cummer Museum

No comments: