Thursday, December 24, 2009

CXIX.

I am obsessed with this amazing design book by Sibella Court called Etc.- creating beautiful interiors with the things you love. I got one this morning for Christmas and leafed through it immediately. I was pleasantly surprised and refreshed with her ideas and display photos. I can't wait to apply some of her re-purposing concepts to my barren rooms. Good luck finding this book anywhere online; my mom, with a stroke of luck, found my copy at the Anthro in Charlottesville, VA.


From Murdoch Books, "Packed with tips of the interior stylist's trade, Etcetera is a lavishly photographed interiors book in which every image demonstrates a clear and easily replicable principle that will help transform a room without the need for expensive and permanent renovation. Author Sibella Court's style is very global, combining contemporary elements with antiques and junk-shop finds, textile fragments, wallpapers, collectibles and ephemera. Etcetera draws on five of Sibella's favourite colour themes as a framework for the display of her impeccable eye for detail."

No comments: