Wednesday, August 19, 2009

LI.

My new house is so close to being finished. The air conditioning and floors are being put it tomorrow as well as the mirrors and lighting fixtures. My dad and I squared away the hardware this morning so now we're on the final push.

I'm leaving for Sweet Briar this weekend. I'm super excited about that. I've been drawing multiple floor plans of how I want my space to look. I've also been thinking about what magazine clippings I want to include.

I've come up with a Sweet Briar "community service" idea. This could count for Friends of Art Jr., Habitat for Humanity, or if it's eco-friendly, Eco-Floor/Environmental Club. I'm not sure how many students will actually utilize this, but I figure it's worth a shot. I thought about doing budget-friendly dorm decorating, but on the student's dollar. I would go shopping for/with them and do a before and after. Maybe some examples could be used for a column in the school paper. I've gotten loads of compliments on my room so I don't see why I couldn't help other students have really nice rooms. I need some input on this though.

No comments: