Wednesday, May 30, 2012

CCCXV.

This past Christmas, my mom bought me a recipe book and filled it with her favorite and crowd favorite recipes. Since then, I have only been able to add one of my good friend's mother's Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. I have been scouring the internet to find tasty cocktail recipes to fill my recipe book. I'm not much of a party person so when I do, I mix drinks that are worth my while. Here are two specialized cocktails that I found on from saveur.com using bourbon:

The Libertine
Yields 1 cocktail

Ingredients:
2 oz. simple syrup
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 oz. bourbon
2 oz. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. orange marmalade
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
1 egg white

Method:
Boil simple syrup and 1 sprig rosemary in a small saucepan; cool.
Discard rosemary; transfer syrup to a cocktail shaker with bourbon, lemon juice, and marmalade.
Add ice, shake until chilled, and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
Add maple syrup, orange juice, and egg white to shaker; shake until frothy.
Spoon froth over top of cocktail; garnish with remaining rosemary sprig.

There are so many different forms of this same drink. Of course any recipe is a matter of taste. Here are two from the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and diffordsguide.com

(Drink based on a rhubarb pie for Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Yields 1 cocktail

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. sugar
5 raspberries
3 oz. Kentucky-style bourbon, such as Maker's Mark
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
½ oz. strawberry liqueur
4 dashes rhubarb bitters
1 sprig mint

Method:
Crush sugar and 4 raspberries with a spoon in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
Add bourbon, juice, liqueur, and bitters, fill with ice; shake to chill.
Strain into a chilled old-fashioned glass filled with ice, and garnish with remaining raspberry and mint sprig.

No comments: